Thursday, January 21, 2016

Whimsy-ish Wooden Whales

     Whales are popping up all over the place these days. My dad was cutting a few of these little guys out of some left over plywood for a project my mom was working on and I just had to have a few. I decided to give them a geo/vintage look.... if that's a thing.

     First, I used my Dremel to soften the front edges of the wood, create some wear and tear and some light eyes and mouth detail. You may have to click to enlarge to see it.

     I painted them both a dark solid brown being sure to get it in the cracks. Once that layer was dry I went over it with the background colors you see purposely avoiding the cracks and dents to show the brown. For the designs I used my usual process of creating a laser printer transfer with the detail designs from my computer. You can do this with any type of design or image you can find or create. (Create a transfer with a laser printer) <---this is a great step by step explanation!
  I'm really loving the little white one. I may just have to keep that one for myself... I mean for in my little girl's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment