Thursday, January 14, 2016

Little Table Redo from Kiddie to Kiddie Chic

 
   I'm excited this will be my first project post of my new blog! This little table belonged to my mom and her sisters growing up. Let me tell you I'm 35 (on Sunday) so that sort of tells you how old this sweet table and chair set is. It is impeccable shape though. When I mentioned that to my mom she said "we were taught to take care of our things." I responded "oh you mean there were no boys in the house to destroy them." Nod.
  On to the project..... After a ton of sanding I used MinWax PolyShade espresso satin on the table top and chair seats. It's in the stain section of the hardware store , but it's supposed to be better to stain something in a darker shade without stripping. I did two coats but it still appeared streaky. The table top is cute like that though because that gave it a rustic farm table look. The light shade is actually paint I had left over from painting that little sweetheart in the photo's crib. It's a very very light grey.
   Here's the reveal! Not too shabby. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment